Terms & Conditions
We take your food very seriously. We appreciate that you are placing a great deal of trust in us by allowing us to be part of your food shopping experience. These terms and conditions are important, however please remember that you, our customer, are more important.
If you have an issue, we want to fix it. So please don’t ever hesitate to call us if you need to.
By using this site, you agree and accept our terms and conditions of use. If you do not agree with our terms and conditions of use, you may not use this site.
1. Your Account
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password.
- YourGrocer may refuse to open an account or sell products to any person at any time in its sole discretion.
- YourGrocer retains the right to terminate your account at our discretion, for any reason. Should there be outstanding product orders placed on YourGrocer.com.au, we will provide a refund or complete delivery of the order.
- Payment is due on the day of delivery. If no payment is made, or payment is declined, then we reserve the right to cancel your order.
3. Fees & Charges
- Due to market conditions, prices listed on the website are subject to change without notice. However, the current prices will be published on the website and available before you place an order. If a price change affects your standing order or an order that you have made in advance, we will notify you via phone, email or SMS informing you of the updated price. It will then be your responsibility to amend your order as desired.
- All orders will be charged a delivery fee, that will be presented to the customer at checkout.
- Given the need to update your charged amount after delivery, we do need to store your credit card details once an order is placed. None of your credit card information is stored or available to anyone at YourGrocer. Your details are stored with our payment provider, Stripe (www.stripe.com.au).
- In order to purchase goods from YourGrocer, the delivery address which you nominate will need to be within our delivery zone. Please ensure your delivery address is correct, as orders that are located outside of our delivery zone will not be processed.
- Orders must be a minimum of $30 to be delivered
- Cut off point for placing orders and/or changing orders is 12pm on the day of delivery. For example, if it is Monday and you want a grocery delivery scheduled for Tuesday, you must finalise your order by 12pm on Tuesday.
- Unattended deliveries. YourGrocer is not responsible for any damage or theft to your order when left in the designated area that you have specified. We recommend that your delivery is brought inside and stored away as soon as possible.
- At the time of delivery, your order will be at an appropriate temperate to ensure it is as fresh as humanly possible. Whilst YourGrocer will make every effort to ensure your product remains at a suitable temperate after delivery (i.e. with cooler bags and cooling devices), we are no longer responsible for your order once it has been delivered.
- Any eskies, boxes and cooling devices that accompany your order remain the property of YourGrocer at all times. If requested, it is your responsibility to leave the eskie, box and/or cooling device at your front door (or another location that you’ve agreed with us) before your next delivery is scheduled. Should you fail to return these items to us, we will try to contact you, but if we cannot we may need to charge you for it. This price may vary between $5 and $30 depending on the type of packaging used.
- We accept that in the event of your order arriving damaged due to our own transport, we will replace the goods free of charge or give you a credit on your next order.
5. No warranty about product specification
- We do not warrant the accuracy of any of the information contained within the product list nor on the labels on goods delivered. We recommend that you read the labels on goods supplied carefully before they are consumed.
- All images used on our website are representations for your information only and are not necessarily true images of that product.
6. Out of stock, returns and refunds
- If there are items missing from your delivery, please contact us as soon as possible. We will fix the problem for you by either crediting the amount to your account or re-delivering the product.
- If you are not satisfied with the quality of a product, we want to hear about it. Please contact us and we will aim to fix it for you.
- If an item is out of stock, we will endeavor to inform you about it.
7. Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Under Australian laws, alcoholic beverages can only be sold or supplied to persons aged 18 years of age or over. By joining YourGrocer and/or placing an order you are confirming to us that you are at least 18 years of age. YourGrocer encourages the legal and responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages.
8. Limitation of liability
- YourGrocer’s maximum liability to you for products purchased from our website shall be limited to the refund of the purchase price you have paid for the products. YourGrocer will not be liable for any property damage, indirect, incidental, punitive or special damages, however caused, whether for breach of warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise except which it is unlawful to exclude.
9. Modification of terms and conditions
- YourGrocer may, at any time, modify this agreement or any of these terms and conditions. Any modified agreement will be available online and will be effective immediately upon posting to the website.
- You agree to assume responsibility for periodically reviewing this agreement.
- By continuing to use our service, you agree to be bound by the agreement as so amended.
- Your privacy is important to us, so we will never take advantage of it. You won’t find us sending your details to third parties without your consent.
- We have made every effort to ensure the information on our website is correct. While we apologise if any errors have been made, we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information on these pages and all users do so at their own risk.
12. Intellectual property rights
- Copyright in this website (including text, graphics, logos, sound recordings and software) is owned or licensed by us. You may not in any form or by any means:
- Adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of this web site; or
- Commercialise any information, products or services obtained from any part of this web site without our written permission.
- Our website contains registered trademarks and other trade marks including, but not limited to images, illustrations, audio clips, and video clips which are protected by law. Material on our website is solely for personal, non-commercial use. This material may not be copied, reproduced, republished, modified, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, including by e-mail or other electronic means, without the express prior written consent YourGrocer. Use of the materials on any other website or computer environment, or use of the materials for any purpose other than personal, non-commercial use is a violation of YourGrocer copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights and is prohibited.
13. Links to other sites
- Our website may provide links to other websites. YourGrocer is not in any way responsible for the contents or privacy policies of any other sites, nor do we state that we agree with the views/opinions/business practises in these linked websites. We do not warrant the security of any information supplied to YourGrocer through its web site.
- All discounts, vouchers or codes only apply to first orders for new customers of YourGrocer unless otherwise stated.
- All promotion validity dates are specified on the adverts, coupons, emails or leaflets
- Discounts, vouchers or codes are not to be used in conjunction with any other offers, discounts, vouchers or codes.
- Only one discount, voucher or code can be used per order and each discount, voucher or code can only be used once per household.
- Discounts, vouchers or codes cannot be exchanged for cash or any other alternatives and have no monetary value.
- All discounts, vouchers and codes can only be used on one order, any remaining credit from that discount, voucher or code cannot be carried forward to any additional or subsequent orders.
Competition Terms & Conditions
YourGrocer Pty Ltd ABN 75 163 596 245, 36/38 Gipps St, Collingwood VIC 3066
Win $300 worth of groceries from YourGrocer.com.au
3. Promotional Period
Tuesday 4 May 2017 12pm AEST until Wednesday 31st May 2017 5pm AEST.
Entry is open to Melbourne and surrounding residents aged 18 years or older who are in the YourGrocer delivery area. Eligibility can be established by entering the residential postcode at https://www.yourgrocer.com.au. The promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each entrant. Employees of YourGrocer including their immediate family are not eligible to enter.
1 x $300 and 1 x $100 Grocery Coupons for use on YourGrocer.com.au
6. Prize Pool
Total Prize Pool: $400
No purchase or payment is required to enter the Promotion. Entrants must enter the Promotion by commenting on the Facebook competition post to enter into the $300 prize. They will have the opportunity to win an extra $100 if they mention a friend in the comments. The Entrant will receive one (1) entry into the judging.
8. Winner Selection
All entries completed and submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be judged at the Promoter’s agent’s address, 36/38 Gipps St, Collingwood VIC 3066. Winner will be selected by random computer generated draw from all eligible entries in the presence of a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter.
9. Winner Announcement
The Prize Winner will be notified by email and announced on the YourGrocer Facebook Page. Winner Announcement will take place on Friday 2nd June 2017.
10. Prize Conditions
The Prize is non transferable and cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash. The Prize will be forfeited if for any reason, the Prize Winner cannot accept the Prize within three (3) months of notification. Prize will be delivered to an email address of the winners’ choosing. Any ancillary costs associated with the Prize are not included unless specified.
The Promoter may use Prize Winners’ details for promotional purposes unless a written request is made otherwise. No payment will be given for any publicity achieved as a result of this Promotion.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, each entrant including the Prize Winner and any person partaking in any component of the Prize, releases and indemnifies the Promoter from any claim, loss, damage, injury, expense (including any claim for legal expenses), cost or charge sustained or in any way incurred in connection with the Prize or Promotion or participation in the Prize or Promotion. The Promoter’s responsibility for the provision of prizes is limited to the Prize(s) described in these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter accepts no further liability or commitment beyond those stated and is not liable for any failure of the Promoter’s agents or contractors to supply the Prize(s) as stated.
In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding.
Subject to any regulatory requirements, the Promoter reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions to address any misinterpretation, misinformation or misunderstanding in the application of these Terms and Conditions, as is permitted by law. The Promoter’s decision will be final.
Participation in the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in immediate disqualification of an entrant or the Prize Winner. Disqualification will be at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Promotion at any time prior to the commencement of the Promotion Period for any reason, including, without limitation, if the Promoter determines that the Competition cannot be conducted as planned or should a virus, bug, tampering or unauthorized intervention, technical failure or other cause beyond the Promoter’s control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the competition. In the event any tampering or unauthorised intervention may have occurred, The Promoter reserves the right to void suspect entries at issue. Any attempt to damage the content or operation of this competition is unlawful and subject to possible legal action by the Promoter.