Stir fried beef
15 mins active prep time, 4 servings
This is a quick and easy stir-fry which sure packs a punch in flavour. Full of fresh, seasonal produce from our green grocers, including red capsicum - which is high in Vitamin C. As a serving suggestion, top this meal with toasted peanuts for added crunch.
Note: This meal requires a few key pantry items (listed below), so if you don't have any of the sauces at home, simply add them to your basket from your online IGA supermarket.
Ingredients (Included in delivery)
- 500g beef rump steak, thinly sliced
- 1 brown onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 bunch pak choy, leaves separated & washed, roughly chopped
- 150g button mushrooms, halved
Ingredients (pantry items)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil (Pantry item)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (Pantry item)
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce (Pantry item)
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (Pantry item)
- 1 cup rice (Pantry item)
What you'll need
Sesame oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sweet chilli sauce, rice
1. Cook the beef
In a wok or large frying pan, heat half of the oil on high. Stir-fry the beef for 1-2 minutes then set aside.
2. Stir fry the veges
In the same wok, heat the remaining sesame oil on high then stir-fry the onion and ginger for 1 minute. Add capsicum, carrot, mushrooms and pak choy. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes, until just tender.
Return the beef to the wok, add the soy, oyster and sweet chili sauces and stir through.
4. Cook rice
Place the rice in a small saucepan and add double the amount of water. Bring to the boil and cook until rice is soft and water is absorbed.
Serve the stir-fry on a bed of rice.
6. Serving suggestion
Top the stir fry with toasted peanuts for added crunch.