Mexican Hash Brown
25 mins active prep time, 4 servings
A super fun meal to really satisfy! To make this dish vegetarian-friendly, simply omit the chorizo and you've still got a super tasty meal.
Ingredients (included in delivery)
- 1 chorizo, finely chopped
- 200g sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 700g potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 red capsicum, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded, blanched
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 120g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup tasty cheese, shredded
- 40g fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 corn cob, kernels removed
- 2 tsp cajun spice mix
Ingredients (pantry items)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 60g butter
- Tasty cheese
Note: In some cases, ingredients may be out of stock or unavailable when the shops pack your order. If this happens, we'll do our best to replace the items with high quality substitutions. If we're unable to find a replacement, we'll contact you to let you know.
What you'll need
Olive oil, butter, tasty cheese
1. Preheat oven
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Prepare potatoes
Meanwhile place the in a pot of salted water and bring to a boil, cook for 10-12 minutes until tender then drain and mash.
3. Saute chorizo with sweet potato and capsicum
In a large deep heavy base frying pan, heat the butter and oil together on medium heat. Saute the chorizo, sweet potato and capsicum for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add remaining vegetales
Add the corn and spice and saute for 3-4 minutes until fragrant. Stir in the mash, cabbage and onions. Season and mi well.
5. Cook mixture in pan
Reduce the heat the heat then spread the mixture in the pan and even out with a spatula. Weigh down with another pan and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Bake in mix in oven
Remove the pan, sprinkle with cheese and bake, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes until golden. Rest for 10 minutes.