Ginger Pork & Rice Larb
30 mins active prep time, 5 servings
Ingredients (included in delivery)
- 1 cup white rice
- 500g pork mince
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger, finely grated
- 2 tbsp lime juice plus 1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly torn
- Baby cos lettuce
Ingredients (pantry items)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
In some cases, ingredients may be out of stock or unavailable when the shops pack your order. If this happens, we'll do our best to replace the items with high quality substitutions. If we're unable to find a replacement, we'll contact you to let you know.
What you'll need
Olive oil, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar.
1. Cook rice
Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add rice and cook for 8-10 minutes until rice is tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Cook mince
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan or wok, over a high heat. Add pork mince, and cook for 3-4 minutes until browned, breaking up any lumps.
3. Add lemongrass, garlic & ginger
Add lemongrass, garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Add rice and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Stir through remaining ingredients
Mix in the lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and chilli. Remove from the heat and stir through spring onion, coriander and mint.
Serve on a bed of baby cos leaves and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.