Cauliflower Fried Rice
35 mins active prep time, 5 servings
Ingredients (included in delivery)
- 1 cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 200g short cut bacon, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 200g baby spinach leaves, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, to serve
Ingredients (pantry items)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, and extra to serve
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, to serve
In some cases, ingredients may be out of stock or unavailable when the shops pack your order. If this happens, we'll do our best to replace the items with high quality substitutions. If we're unable to find a replacement, we'll contact you to let you know.
What you'll need
Olive oil, garlic, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce.
1. Prepare cauliflower
Place cauliflower in a food processor and process until coarse. Alternatively, you can use a coarse box grater to make cauliflower rice.
2. Cook egg
Heat half the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add egg and tilt pan to cover base. Cook for approximately 1 minute or until the egg is golden underneath. Flip egg, and cook for a further minute until cooked through. Transfer to a chopping board. Roll egg up to form a log, and thinly slice. Set aside.
3. Begin to cook remaining ingredients
Add remaining olive oil to the pan. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes until soft. Add the bacon and cook for 3 minutes. Add the carrot, celery and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until tender. Add the cauliflower rice to the pan and cook for approximately 8 minutes while stirring occasionally.
4. Cook spinach
Add the spinach and soy sauce to the pan and cook for 1 minute while stirring until spinach wilts. Remove from the heat. Add the sliced omelette on top.
Serve cauliflower fried rice with a drizzle of soy and sweet chilli sauce, and sprinkle with fresh parsley leaves.