Warm Spring Salad
Add this delicious recipe from 'GATHER' to your go-to list. This salad is popping with freshly harvested broad beans tossed in olive oil, lemon zest, a handful of herbs, and some sweet-salty feta.
Warm Spring Salad
Serves: 4 people
Simply order before 11am to get these ingredients delivered to your doorstep the same afternoon.
1kg broad beans, podded to have 400g beans
60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
1/2 cup dill leaves, chopped
120g feta, crumbled
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
1. Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil over a high heat.
2. Add the podded broad beans, quickly bring back to the boil and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beans into ice water to stop the cooking process.
4. Peel off the outer skin of any larger broad beans, leaving the smaller beans with their skins on. Set aside.
5. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
6. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Stir the beans and cook for a minute to warm through, tossing occasionally.
8. Remove from heat. Season with a grind of pepper. Gently toss through the herbs, feta and lemon zest.
9. Transfer to a serving plate. Drizzle with a little extra olive oil. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe: Fiona Hammond
Images: Adrian Lander Photography
Love local, seasonal produce? Get inspired by Fiona Hammond's recipes and Adrian Lander’s photographs from their cookbook GATHER - a collection of seasonal recipes showcasing the best local produce from the Mornington Peninsula. Learn about the farmers, cheesemakers, bakers, beekeepers, and winemakers behind the beautiful produce.
GATHER is available through Torello Farm on YourGrocer, along with many of the exact ingredients featured in the cookbook.
Enjoy delicious recipes like this warm spring salad and more.
Need a hand? Reach out to our Customer Happiness team online or on 1300 851 343.