Roasted whole artichokes
This simple recipe will leave you with deliciously soft and flavoursome artichoke hearts. Add them to dishes like pasta, dips, and soups, or enjoy them as is.
Whole Roasted Artichokes
Simply order before 11am to get these ingredients delivered to your doorstep the same afternoon.
Serving: 2-3 people
4-6 whole artichokes
2 lemons, halved
4 whole garlic cloves, peeled
1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C. Tear off 4 large square pieces of heavy-duty foil.
2. Using a serrated knife, cut off the stem of the artichoke where it meets the base. Turn the artichoke around and cut off 1 inch of the top. Quickly rub each artichoke with a cut lemon to keep them from discoloring.
3. Rub a few drops of olive oil on each piece of foil and place an artichoke stem-side down on top. Stick a clove of garlic into the center of each artichoke and push down an inch or so.
4. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of salt and drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over the top of each artichoke. Finish by squeezing the half lemon over the top. The lemon juice will "wash" the salt and olive oil down in between the leaves.
5. Gather up the corners of the foil and press together on top to tightly seal the artichoke. Repeat with the other artichokes.
6. Place foil-wrapped artichokes in a roasting pan and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
7. Rest the artichokes for 20 minutes before unwrapping them. Serve hot, cool or chilled.
This recipe was adapted from John Mitzewich at www.thespruceeats.com.
Need a hand? Reach out to our Customer Happiness team online or on 1300 851 343.