Beef & Cauliflower Curry with Rice
30 mins active prep time, 4 servings
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g beef mince
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 1/2 cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 400g canned diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 cup frozen peas
1. Cook the rice: Add the rice to a saucepan with double the amount of water. Bring to the boil and cook until rice is soft and water is absorbed. Set aside.
2. Sauté the onion and garlic: In a large saucepan, heat the oil on medium. Sauté the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, until onion is tender.
3. Add mince and curry paste: Increase the heat to high. Add the mince and curry paste. Brown well.
4. Add vegetables and water: Stir in sweet potato, cauliflower, tomatoes and water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 12-15 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Stir in peas. Simmer for 1 minute.
5. Serve: Serve curry on a bed of rice.