Mexican Hash Brown with Chorizo
25 mins active prep time, 4 servings
A super fun meal to really satisfy! To make this dish vegetarian-friendly, simply omit the chorizo and you've still got a super tasty meal.
- 1 chorizo, finely chopped
- 200g sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 700g potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 red capsicum, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded, blanched
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 120g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup tasty cheese, shredded
- 40g fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 corn cob, kernels removed
- 2 tsp cajun spice mix
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 60g butter
- Tasty cheese
1. Preheat oven: Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Prepare potatoes: Meanwhile place the in a pot of salted water and bring to a boil, cook for 10-12 minutes until tender then drain and mash.
3. Saute chorizo with sweet potato and capsicum: In a large deep heavy base frying pan, heat the butter and oil together on medium heat. Saute the chorizo, sweet potato and capsicum for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add remaining vegetales: Add the corn and spice and saute for 3-4 minutes until fragrant. Stir in the mash, cabbage and onions. Season and mi well.
5. Cook mixture in pan: Reduce the heat the heat then spread the mixture in the pan and even out with a spatula. Weigh down with another pan and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Bake in mix in oven: Remove the pan, sprinkle with cheese and bake, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes until golden. Rest for 10 minutes.