Gluten Free Simple Spaghetti Bolognese with Fresh Basil and Parmesan
30 mins active prep time, 4 servings
A classic comfort meal that everyone can enjoy. Our spaghetti bolognese recipe features quality Meatwell beef mince and gluten free pasta from Pachamama Wholefoods Deli - one of the best gluten free stockists online. While you can certainly prepare this meal in 30 minutes, it will benefit from a longer simmer time, so if you have the time, let it cook for 45 minutes or so, gradually adding water so it doesn't dry out.
What you'll need
- Cooking oil, salt, pepper, red cooking wine
- Gluten Free Spaghetti Each - 250g
- Tomato Paste Each - 170g
- Peeled Tomatoes 400g
- Brown Onions Each - approx. 200g
- Basil bunch
- Beef Premium Mince approx. 500g
1. Prepare ingredients: Finely chop the onion and two garlic cloves. Set aside.
2. Brown the ingredients: Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pot over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft (around 5 minutes). Add the mince, break down with a wooden spoon and cook until also browned.
3. Mix in tomatoes and tomato paste: Add in two tablespoons of tomato paste, stir to combine with mince. Add both cans of peeled tomatoes and break down with a wooden spoon as you combine.
4. Add wine and stock: Add 200ml red cooking wine and half a cup of chicken stock. Cover and cook for up to 45 minutes, adding a dash of water where needed to ensure the dish doesn't dry out.
5. Cook pasta: Cook the pasta according to packet directions in a dish of salted boiling water, drain.
6. Serve: Serve with fresh basil, parmesan and a side of crusty bread (optional).