Persian Red Lentil Casserole with Vegetables
45 mins active prep time, 6 servings, $4.56
Showcasing Persian red lentils and olives in the same dish, this vegetarian casserole has a wonderful Mediterranean flavour, is filling and also tastes delightful as leftovers (if there’s any left!).
This recipe is from 'Feel Good Food' by Tony Chiodo, published by Hardie Grant Books, $4.
See full recipe at cooked.com.au
Photography © Chris Chen
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 carrot, sliced on the diagonal
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 1 celery stalk, sliced on the diagonal
- 200g sweet potato, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 cup dried persian red lentils
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 pitted black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
See the full cooking method at cooked.com.au.