Chicken & Corn Soft Tacos with Guacamole
45 mins active prep time, 4 servings
Tacos are a great hands on dish for the whole family and pretty quick and easy to prepare if you build your own at the dining table.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cajun spice
- 2 corn cobs
- 1 red onion
- 500g chicken breast (skin off), thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 400g canned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 white wraps
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, plus some to serve
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
- 1 avocado, seeded and mashed
1. Prepare corn: Preheat a chargrill pan on medium. Brush corn cobs with half the olive oil. Grill corn, turning occasionally, for 10-15 minutes until golden. Remove kernels from the cob carefully with a sharp knife.
2. Prepare the taco mixture: Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and sauté for a few minutes until soft. Add chicken breast and brown in the pan for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, Cajun spice and red kidney beans. Add a couple of tablespoons of water if mixture appears dry. Allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
3. Prepare guacamole: To make the guacamole, combine avocado, coriander and lime juice in a small bowl and mix well to combine.
4. Serve: To serve, heat wraps in the microwave individually for approximately 15 seconds each. Top each wrap with the taco mixture, guacamole, sour cream, fresh coriander and a squeeze of lime juice.