Butter Chicken Curry with Greek Yoghurt
35 mins active prep time, 4 servings
Here's a quick and simple butter chicken curry that will only take around half an hour to prepare and cook.
- 1 1/2 cup white rice
- 60g butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets, quartered
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped plus extra to serve
- 3 tsp garam masala
- 1 1/2 cup passata
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt, plus extra to serve
1. Cook rice: Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add rice and cook for 8-10 minutes. Drain. Set aside and keep warm.
2. Cook onion and chicken: Heat the butter and olive oil in a large frying pan, over medium to high heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add the chicken thighs to the pan, and brown for 4-5 minutes.
3. Add herbs and spices: Add garlic, chilli flakes, cumin, coriander and garam masala to pan. Stir to coat chicken with spices. Cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add passata and cream then simmer: Add passata and cream to the pan and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer gently for 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
5. Stir in greek yoghurt: Take off the heat and stir through Greek yoghurt.
6. Serve: Serve butter chicken on a bed of rice, and top with extra greek yoghurt and a sprinkle of coriander leaves.