Chilli, Coconut & Lime Fish with Rice
30 mins active prep time, 4 servings
This simple chilli, coconut and fish dish is relatively quick and easy to prepare. You can pick up your favourite fish fillet from Richmond Oysters here. With this meal, just vary the chilli depending on the family's pallet.
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 800g white fish fillets
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely grated
- 400g coconut milk
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
1. Cook rice: Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add rice and cook for 8-10 minutes. Drain. Set aside and keep warm.
2. Cook fish: Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over moderate heat. Add the fish fillets; cook for 2 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a heatproof plate.
3. Prepare the base and add fish back to pan: Add the capsicum, chilli, garlic and ginger to the pan; cook while stirring for 2 minutes or until capsicum is tender. Add coconut milk. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 2 minutes. Return fish to the pan; cook, covered for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove from the heat.
4. Serve: Sprinkle with spring onion, lime juice, lime zest and fresh coriander leaves. Serve with a side of rice and lime wedges.