Open Burrito with Chicken Breast and Melbourne Hot Sauce (veg option)
20 mins active prep time, 4 servings
Fresh, simple and healthy. This meal is great as a summer staple and a total breeze to prepare. This recipe features the delicious Melbourne Hot Sauce company's chipotle BBQ sauce. Trust us, it's delicious and in no time you'll be adding it on top of everything. For a vegetarian option, simply remove the chicken breast from the ingredients below.
What you'll need
Cooking oil, salt, pepper plus:
- Chicken Breast Fillets Skin Off each - approx. 280g
- Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- Small Hass Avocados each
- Round Tomatoes approx. 240g
- Global Organics Organic Black Beans Each - 400g
- Whole Kernel Sweet Corn 425g
- Cous Cous 500g
- Free Range Eggs 400g
1. Prepare ingredients: Dice the tomatoes, slice the avocado and drain the cans of beans and corn. Set aside.
2. Hard-boil eggs: Add 3 eggs (in shell) to a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for around 15 minutes. Set aside to cool, then peel the shells and slice the eggs.
3. Prepare chicken: While the eggs are cooking, season your chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Add a touch of chilli powder or cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
4. Cook chicken: Heat 2 tablespoons of oil over a medium-high heat in a large pan. Sear the chicken on each side until brown and cooked through. Set aside to cool, and then slice into 1cm wide pieces
5. Cook couscous: Cook the couscous according to packet directions. Add a small cube of butter to the cooked couscous (optional)
6. Serve and enjoy: Combine your ingredients either individually or mixed altogether. Either way, drizzle with a generous portion of Melbourne hot sauce and serve.