Sesame Garlic & Tofu Noodles with Fried Vegetables
30 mins active prep time, 4 servings
Any type of noodles will work well for this meal, but there's something extra delicious about the buckwheat soba when mixed with the sesame and garlic sauce. This recipe is so easy and a great basis to experiment from. Try swapping in vegetables like zucchini or capsicum, or try cooking with brown rice instead of noodles to keep it fresh on your rotation.
What you'll need
Soy sauce, maple syrup, sesame oil, salt, cooking oil plus:
- Soba Noodles Each - 250g
- Organic Limes - approx. 75g
- Garlic - approx. 100g
- Sesame Seeds White - 100g
- Broccoli each - approx. 330g
- Firm Tofu Each - 375g
- Thai Basil Bunch
- Spring Onions Bunch
1. Prepare ingredients: Thinly slice one clove of garlic and three spring onions. Chop the broccoli into small florets.
2. Prepare sesame sauce: In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, 2 teaspoons of sesame oil - mix together. Add the garlic and 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds.
3. Prepare tofu for cooking: For the best results, use paper towels or a clean tea-towel to wrap the full block of tofu. Compress the block and squeeze out any excess liquid to help the tofu crisp when cooking. Slice into 2cm cubes
4. Cook tofu: Heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a large pan over medium - high heat. Place tofu cubes in one layer on the pan. Fry until brown and then turn over and repeat. Set aside.
5. Cook noodles and broccoli: Bring a large pot of water to the boil, add the noodles and cook according to packet instructions. Add the broccoli to the pot for 3 minutes of cooking. Drain both and set aside
6. Toss all ingredients and serve: In the large pan, toss in the noodles, broccoli, tofu and sesame sauce and lightly heat until combined well. Add a handful of basil leaves, and the spring onions. Sprinkle with extra sesame seed to serve. Squeeze lime over portions.