Meatsmith Confit Duck with Roast Vegetables
5 mins active prep time, 2 servings
Two confit duck legs that need simply 30 minutes in a hot oven to heat and crisp the skin. Serve with cassoulet beans, your favourite roast vegetables or in an asian salad.
What you'll need
Olive oil, salt plus:
- Confit Duck Legs (serves 2) - approx. 370g
- Desiree Potato - approx 271g
- Butternut Pumpkin Half Half - approx 800g
- Carrots Purple - approx 150g
1. Heat oven: Pre-heat your oven to 240 degrees.
2. Prepare vegetables: Dice the potatos, pumpkin and carrots and place in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and any herbs of your choosing. Toss to coat.
3. Roast vegetables: Place vegetables on a tray in one layer. Place in the oven and cook for 45 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Turn at least once during the cooking time.
4. Heat the confit duck: For the last 20 minutes of cooking, drop the oven temperature to 200 degrees and place the confit duck legs in with the vegetables to heat through and crisp the skin.
5. Serve: Plate the vegetables and coq-au-vin together.