Gluten Free Meatballs with Parsley and Parmesan
30 mins active prep time, 4 servings
This is a really special recipe with a few secret tricks to get the softest, juciest meatballs you've ever tasted. The flour and onion is the key to the flavour and texture. Featuring high quality beef and gluten free pasta.
What you'll need
Gluten free flour (available from YourGrocer supermarkets), Olive oil, salt, pepper, parmesan to serve plus:
- Beef Premium Mince - approx 500g
- Brown Onions Each - approx 200g
- Free Range Eggs - 350g
- Continental Parsley - Bunch
- Garlic approx - 100g
- Tomato Puree - 700g
- Italian Spaghetti Herbs - 25g
- Gluten Free Spaghetti - 250g
1. Prepare the ingredients: Finely grate one of the onions using a cheese grater. Set aside. Finely chop a handful of parsley and mince two garlic cloves.
2. Mix the ingredients: Add half a cup of gluten free flour to the onion in a bowl and mix to combine. Then add the mince, one egg, parsley and garlic. Add some salt and pepper to taste and grate in one quarter of a cup of parmesan cheese.
3. Construct meatballs: Using your hands, mix all the ingredients together well. Then, using a tablespoon, scoop out some of the mixture and roll in your hands to make a meatball. Set aside and repeat.
4. Prepare and cook the sauce: Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large fry pan. Fry 2 mince garlic cloves, and 3/4 cup of diced onion until browned. Add the tomato puree, 3 teaspoons of italian herbs, half a cup of water. Season with salt and pepper to taste and bring to a light simmer.
5. Cook meatballs: In another non-stick pan, heat two tablespoons of olive oil and fry the meatballs over a medium-high heat until brown all over. Don't cook through just yet.
6. Combine with sauce then serve: Add the meatballs to the sauce and simmer for 5 - 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook your pasta in boiling water and then serve together with grated parmesan.