Simple Spaghetti Bolognese with Fresh Basil and Parmesan
30 mins active prep time, 4 servings
A classic comfort meal. Our spaghetti bolognese recipe features quality Meatwell beef mince and handmade pasta from Maria's in Carlton North - available for delivery every day except Sunday. While you can certainly prepare this meal in 30 minutes, it will benefit from a longer simmer time, so if you have the time, let it cook for 45 minutes or so, gradually adding water so it doesn't dry out.
What you'll need
Cooking oil, salt, pepper, red cooking wine, chicken stock cube plus:
- Beef Premium Mince
- Tomato Paste
- Peeled Tomatoes
- Brown Onions
- Fresh Angel Hair Plain
1. Prepare ingredients: Finely chop the onion and two garlic cloves. Set aside.
2. Brown the ingredients: Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pot over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft (around 5 minutes). Add the mince, break down with a wooden spoon and cook until also browned.
3. Mix in tomatoes and tomato paste: Add in two tablespoons of tomato paste, stir to combine with mince. Add both cans of peeled tomatoes and break down with a wooden spoon as you combine.
4. Add wine and stock: Add 200ml red cooking wine and half a cup of chicken stock. Cover and cook for up to 45 minutes, adding a dash of water where needed to ensure the dish doesn't dry out.
5. Cook pasta: Cook the pasta in a dish of salted boiling water, drain.
6. Serve: Serve with fresh basil, parmesan and a side of crusty bread (optional).