Gluten Free Mushroom Pasta with Sage and Parmesan
15 mins active prep time, 4 servings
This simple, quick pasta is a candidate for the dinner rotation all year round. Hearty mushrooms, fresh herbs and deep flavours. Gluten free pasta from Pachamama Wholefoods - one of the best gluten free stockists online. On your plate in less than 30 minutes
What you'll need
Olive oil, salt, balsamic vinegar, butter, parmesan to serve (optional), plus...
- Shallots Each - approx. 100g
- Mushroom - Flat approx. 116g
- Gluten Free Spaghetti - 250g
- Garlic - approx. 100g
- Sage Bunch
1. Prepare ingredients: Thinly slice two shallots, one garlic clove and a small handful of fresh sage. Chop the mushrooms into 2cm pieces.
2. Cook shallots: Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat, add the shallots with a pinch of salt. Cook until soft.
3. Cook mushrooms: Add mushrooms with a bit more salt and cook until they deepen in colour and become tender.
4. Prepare pasta: Boil a large pot of water. Add a few good pinches of salt and cook pasta according to packet instructions. Keep 250ml of pasta water aside before draining.
5. Combine and build sauce: Add the sliced garlic and sage to the pan. Add 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons of butter and most of the pasta water you kept aside. Cook until the sauce thickens.
6. Serve: Toss your cooked pasta in with the sauce and shave parmesan over top to serve.