Panettone Bread and Butter Pudding
- 50g butter, softened
- 5/6 slices of panettone (approx 250g)
- OPTIONAL: 50ml dry marsala
- 150ml double cream
- 225ml milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Handful of dried fruit (sultanas, raisins)
- Icing sugar, to serve
- Softly whipped cream/ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 170℃ and lightly grease an ovenproof dish.
- Butter the panettone and cut it into large pieces and place in ovenproof dish.
- OPTIONAL: Lightly douse the panettone in dry marsala.
- Combine the milk, cream and cinnamon stick in a saucepan. Heat until near simmering then remove from stovetop and take out the cinnamon stick.
- Add the vanilla extract to the cream mixture and stir well.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in a separate bowl until well combined.
- Add the hot cream mixture to egg mix and stir until it becomes a custard consistency.
- Sprinkle the sultanas/raisins over the panettone (as many or as few as you like).
- Pour custard mixture evenly over the slices of panettone.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden and the liquid has set.
- Once out of the oven, dust with icing sugar and serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Better food starts today
Same day grocery delivery from the best local shops