Choc Mint Cheesecake
- 1 Dessert Spoon Gelatine
- 1/4 Cup of Cold Water
- 3/4 Cup of Boiling Water
- 90g Dark Chocolate
- 225g Cream Cheese
- 225g Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla Esssence
- 3/4 Teaspoon Peppermint Essence
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- 2/3 Can of Milk
- 225g Choc Ripple Biscuits
- 110g melted butter
For the base:
- Crush biscuits, add melted butter and mix.
- Press into a greased baking tin and refrigerate for 2 hours
For the cheesecake:
- Put gelatine into cold water, leave for 5 minutes then add boiling water and stir until gelatine is dissolved. Cool until tepid.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave or over stovetop.
- Cream together the cheese, sugar, vanilla, peppermint essence and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Add melted chocolate and cooled gelatine and blend until combined.
- Chill mixture until consistency of egg white.
- When thickened, lightly whip at low speed whilst gradually adding canned milk.
- Beat at high speed until mixture doubles in volume.
- Pour mixture over biscuit base and grate extra chocolate over the top.
- Chill for 4-5 hours.
Better food starts today
Same day grocery delivery from the best local shops