Bacon, Apricot and Pine Nut Stuffing
- 12 slices stale bread, crumbed
- 1 large raw onion, finely chopped
- 4-5 slices uncooked bacon, finely chopped
- Dried Apricots, finely chopped
- Button mushrooms, finely chopped
- Pine Nuts
- 1/2 tsp Mixed Herbs
- Handful of Small Cubes of Butter
Preparation to be done the day before:
- Add the stale bread crumbs, onion, bacon, dried apricots and button mushrooms in a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Mix through the pine nuts, herbs and butter cubes.
- Put in container and refrigerate until Christmas Day.
On the day:
- Add stuffing to bird and cook as per butcher instructions.
- Any leftovers can be put into a brown paper bag and baked until golden (up to 30 minutes at approx 180°F depending on oven strength).
Better food starts today
Same day grocery delivery from the best local shops