Creamy Garlic Prawn with Steamed Rice and Wombok Salad
For the sauce
- 300 ml cream
- 5 cloves of garlic. chopped
- 1/2 brown onion diced
- 50 ml white wine
- 1 pinch of ground white pepper
- 30g grated parmesan cheese
- Sautee garlic and onion in a dash of oil over medium heat until translucent.
- Add white wine and cook for 3 minutes
- Add the cream, reduce by half.
- Add parmesan, white pepper and season to taste.
For the salad
- ½ small wombok
- ½ bunch of coriander
- ½ bunch of Vietnamese mint
- ½ bunch of thai basil
- 1 long red chilli
- ¼ red onion
- 50 g crushed toasted peanut
- Thinly slice wombok, red onion and red chilli and place in a bowl.
- Add picked herbs, peanut toss for an even mix.
To finish the dish
- 5 king prawn or 10 prawn cutlet
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 30 ml of coconut cream
- Place a non-stick pan on to high heat, add a dash of oil then add the prawn.
- Once the prawns are golden on one side, turn them over then add garlic.
- When the garlic start to caramelise, turn down the heat to medium then add the creamy garlic sauce and coconut cream.
- Leave to simmer for 10 second then remove from the heat.
Place approximately 150 g of steamed rice in a medium bowl, place the prawn on top of the rice, wombok salad on the side and pour the sauce all over.
Credit to Richmond Oysters for the recipe.