Cooking with Kids: Frozen Banana Lollies
- 2 bananas
- 4 large strawberries
- 100g natural yogurt
- 200g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp sugar strands cake topping
You will also need:
4 wooden lolly sticks
- Parent Prep: Peel the bananas and trim off the very ends if you'd like them neater. Then chop them each into 4 equal-sized chunks.
- Children's Involvement: Thread a strawberry onto each lolly stick first, then push on the pieces of banana.
- Parent Prep: When all your banana pops are made lay them on a baking tray and put in the freezer, uncovered, for 1 hr.
- Children's Involvement: Put the yogurt into a tall glass or jug then dip each banana pop into the yogurt to coat (avoiding the strawberries), then place back onto the tray to refreeze until set.
- Parent Prep: Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts (stirring after each blast) then pour into a mug.
- Children's Involvement: Dip the end piece of each banana pop in the chocolate then sprinkle over the hundreds and thousands.
- The chocolate should set pretty much instantaneously, but you can keep them in the freezer until you want to serve them for up to 1 week.
Recipe courtesy of BBC Good Food.
Photo by eighty20nutrition.com
Better food starts today
Same day grocery delivery from the best local shops