Bruschetta with Pea and Ricotta
1 Baguette, thin diagonal slices
1 small handful of chopped mint
1 Garlic Clove, chopped
1 Tbsp Lemon juice
4 Tbsp Olive oil
225g Ricotta Cheese
Handful of Pine Nuts
1 Spring Onion, Chopped Finely
- Heat the oven to 220C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the baguette slices on to the tray then smear the bread with olive oil.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes and then turn the bread slices over and cook for another 2-3 minutes until golden. (Pay close attention to the bread as it toasts quickly and can burn)
- Place the peas, mint, garlic and lemon juice into a small-bowl food processor and use the pulse button to lightly mix, stopping before it turns to mush.
- Add in the olive oil and pulse to further combine. Season with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper and taste to check you have enough seasoning.
- Tip your mixture into a bowl and stir in the ricotta with a spoon to combine or dollop the mixture on each slice of bread then add ricotta. Drizzle with a good olive oil.
- To finish, you can toast some pine nuts in a dry frying pan and sprinkle these on top at the end for some crunch and/or top the bruschetta with spring onions and extra mint for garnish.
Photo credit goes to Cafe Grand