Pea and Prosciutto Salad
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- 190g shelled fresh green peas (or frozen peas, thawed)
- 300g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 115g rocket, tough stems removed
- 120g prosciutto, thinly sliced
- Knob of fresh horseradish, peeled (for serving)
- Whisk lemon juice and mustard in a large bowl.
- Gradually add oil, whisking constantly until emulsified; season vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, cook green peas and sugar snap peas in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes per batch.
- Immediately transfer to a bowl of ice water and swoosh peas around until cold to set their colour and disrupt the cooking. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Add green peas, sugar snap peas, and rocket to bowl with vinaigrette and toss until well coated with dressing; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange salad on a platter and top with prosciutto. Finely grate horseradish over salad to your liking.
Recipe courtesy of Epicurious.
Better food starts today
Same day grocery delivery from the best local shops