Asparagus, Gorgonzola and Hazelnut Risotto
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 75g butter
- 160g carnaroli rice
- 120ml white wine
- 400ml water
- 350g fine asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-2cm strips
- 150g gorgonzola
- 60g hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
(This recipe serves 2 people)
- Fry the onion in 50g butter with a pinch of salt over a medium heat for 10 minutes until tender.
- Add the rice, fry for 2 minutes, then pour the wine over the rice and simmer until absorbed.
- Add the water in small amounts at a time, waiting for the majority of the water to br absorbed between additions. Taste for seasoning all the time.
- After approx 10 minutes, add the asparagus.
- When the rice is still a little to firm for your preference, crumble in three-quarters of the gorgonzola (using or losing the rind as you like) and the remaining 25g butter. Stir until you are satisfied. Serve with the hazelnuts and the remaining gorgonzola scattered on top.
Recipe courtesy of Bocca by Jacob Kenedy (Bloomsbury)
Photo Courtesy of Romas Foord
Better food starts today
Same day grocery delivery from the best local shops