Easter Coconut Macaroon Nests
What you'll need...
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (400-500 grams) sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 70-90 mini candy eggs
Here's how to pull it together...
- Begin by preheating your oven to 160C . Coat the cups in a mini muffin pan with cooking spray and set the pan aside
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs whites, salt, and sugar. Then, with a fork, mix in the coconut
- Drop 2 tablespoons of the coconut mixture into each prepared mini muffin cup
- Lightly press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of each cup. (Use your thumb or a wine cork.) Bake for 28 to 30 minutes, until lightly golden on top. (Loosely place a piece of aluminum foil over the top of the pan if the coconut starts to brown too quickly.)
- Let the nests cool in the tins on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Then run a spatula around the edges of the muffin cups to loosen the nests. Carefully lift out the nests and allow them to cool completely
- With the melted chocolate in a piping bag (or plastic baggie with a corner cut off), pipe a small amount of chocolate into each nest. Add 2 or 3 candy eggs and press them gently to secure
- Pack and store in an air-tight container
(Makes about 30)
Recipe and image credit goes to Michael at Inspired by Charm.
Better food starts today
Same day grocery delivery from the best local shops