Sweet Cauliflower & Turmeric Soup
Warming soup for during the week- easy to prepare and enjoyed by everyone.
The cashews add a creamy heartiness, while the bone broth pack a nutrient punch- nourishing for when people are struck with a niggle cold or flu.
- 3 tbsp of ghee/ butter/coconut oil
- 2 brown onions chopped
- 2 stalks of celery roughly chopped
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp of dried thyme
- 1tsp of dried turmeric
- 4 medium eating apples
- 1x head of cauliflower roughly chopped
- 1 cup of cashews
- 2 litres of bone broth/stock
And here's how to pull it all together...
- Heat ghee on a medium heat and sauté the onions and celery for approx. 8 mins until soft and translucent
- Add chopped apples, garlic, turmeric and thyme and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Add the chopped cauliflower and broth and let simmer until all ingredients are tender
- Remove from heat and add the cashews
- Blend soup into desired consistency and garnish with some parsley, salt and pepper, chilli or both