Warm Brussel Sprouts with Pistachio Crumbed Chicken
This dish be served with some greek yogurt with the cooked lemon squeezed through it, some olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Yum!
What you'll need...
- 1 large organic chook ( I had my butcher cut into 8 pieces)
- Large handful of sage shredded
- 2 garlic cloves crushed skin on
- 1 1/2 cups pistachios finely milled
- 2 eggs
- Flour to coat chicken
Now to put it all together...
- Heat oven to 180'c
- Blitz pistachios and sage in a food processor just to break up into pieces ( try and keep a bit chunky for crunch factor) and combine with a bit of flour in a large bowl
- Whisk eggs together in a large bowl
- Coat chicken in egg, then pistachio and flour mixture until well coated
- Place in fridge and let chill for about 15 minutes
- In a large baking dish place brussels spout, kale, beans, peas, onion, garlic and lemon quarters. Coat well with olive oil and salt and pepper
- Place in oven and let bake for about 1/2 hour or until vegetables are a nice golden colour
- Meanwhile in a large frying pan over medium heat, add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and add chicken. Cook each side of chicken for about 5 minutes each and when finished place for a further 10 minutes
- Place warm brussels in a large bowl sprinkle with some olive oil, squeeze of lemon and salt and pepper
Better food starts today
Same day grocery delivery from the best local shops