Introducing Renaissance IGA Hawthorn
We're excited to announce the addition of Renaissance IGA, a family run supermarket, popular in the Hawthorn area. As of Tuesday 7th August, you'll be able to order online from one of Melbourne's great independent grocers.
We asked them a few questions so you can get to know them a little better.
How did you get started? Short history about the shop.
A family-run business since 1980, Renaissance has been a favorite of the Hawthorn Community. We have had stores is Hawksburn Village, St Kilda, Jam Factory & Hawthorn
Where did you source most of your products/produce from?
Grocery: Many boutique suppliers
Produce: As local as possible
What makes you different from other similar stores?
We listen to our customers. Have a bigger range of organic produce than most. Premium wine range. Focus on semi prepared & full prepared meals.
What's your favourite meal/recipe?
- Schnitzel with wasabi coleslaw & German saurkraut
- Anti-Inflamatory options like Ora King Salmon with roasted organic cauliflower & fennel
What's something that few people know about buying from you?
By installing digital ticketing we save on paper resources. We use reusable bio-degradable bags at checkout and in the produce.
Best thing to buy from your store in winter?
- White Fence Farm Schnitzels, Free Range Chicken
- Cremourne St Bakers Caramel Slice
- Wonder Pies Sheppars Pie Family Size.
- Coulomiers Truffle Brie Soft Ripened from France
Any other interesting info you would like to share?
We have the best music play-list in Australia. ;-)